SWOT Analysis on OneNote
- Remote access
- Group collaboration tool
- Can create notebooks for different purposes
- Notebooks can be divided into different sections
- Add pages to sections
- Color coordination or color coded
- Add passwords to sections
- Sync to other devices
- Compatibility - can use on different platforms such as Apple & Android
- Free version available online
- Just like a notepad you are not limited to a specific area - you can write or draw anywhere.
- Cannot add passwords to notebooks
- Can only add passwords to sections
- No option to filter tags so as it grows then harder to find content
- Need Internet to sync to other devices
- Need a Microsoft account
- No confirmation of save
- Integrates well with other MS Office applications
- Access across different platforms
- Can use like a pin-board
- Need to have charged mobile devices
- Cloud Security
I have liked using OneNote. I have only been familiar with the group collaboration tools in Google drive so I was interested in trying something new.
I like that OneNote allows for the integration of different media within a notebook such as adding a word or excel document. This is quite handy as everything can be found in one place within a notebook.
The tags just add a bit of flavor to make things a little more interesting but are not a necessity. Tags feature is not offered in Google docs.
Problem: Currently there is no save confirmation.
Solution: This is quite common with Cloud services however this would be a nice feature to implement.